Friday, February 19, 2010

Cross Country Skiing in the City


If you haven't already nailed down your weekend plans; I have an idea for you. Snow shoeing and or Cross Country skiing. I even secret spot in the city that I am willing to share. Aren't I a good friend. Head over to Notherly Island the wilderness area behind the Museum Campus. All winter long, on weekends only the Chicago Park District offers snow shoe and cross country ski rentals for the grand price of zero! Yep you heard it FREE no one knows about it because the Park District isn't advertising because they don't feel they have enough equipment to welcome the masses. It is truly undiscovered I went last weekend and during the three hours I were there we encountered a total of about 10 people renting equipment. And FYI: according to WinterFeelsGood.com, a 130-pound adult can burn up to 475 calories per hour with a moderate snowshoe pace and about 415 calories per house with a moderate cross country pace. I like it! And you will too. The view of Lake Michigan alone is worth the trip.

You would think that cross country skiing would be relatively easy and it wasn't like it was my first time on skis but I feel at least three times maybe even four.  See video of Tiffany skiing.

No comments:

Post a Comment